A while ago, YouTube rolled out new channel designs. I tried it out. I didn't like it. And I quickly switched back to the classic one. Now, YouTube is forcing everyone to use the new channel designs. All I can say is "ugh!"
What don't I like about? Hmm, well, let's start with the positive first.
What I like about the new design:
- It's cleaner, more "modern" looking, and less cluttered.
What I don't like about the new design:
- Everyone's channel looks freaking the same now. No more color customization.
- Users are taken away from your channel when they click on a video.
- Your channel description is half-hidden.
- Your profile info is almost entirely hidden.
- Channel comments are hidden under a tab in another tab.
- Your list of subscribers are hidden.
- Your list of subscriptions are non-existent.
- Customizing the layout is very limited.
- It's harder to navigate other people's channels too.
- It just plain sucks!
Everything neatly all in one page. Highly customizable. Users stay on your channel.
Sucks fat ass.